Sunday, September 11, 2011

Second Week Starting Tomorrow

Monday, tomorrow is the beginning of our second week of school. I have a great class of third graders. Last week when we were talking about writing, I read to the students a great book Once Upon a Cool Motorcycle Dude. We talked about how different people can write about one topic in many different ways. The boy and girl in the story saw writing a fairy tale story so completely different, but in the end it all fit together. It really helped the boys and girls become really excited about writing this year. We had a great start to the beginning of an exciting year.

2 comments:

  1. We are starting a unit on fractured fairy tales and I have never seen this book. Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower and as a fellow third grade teacher, I would love for you to follow mine. You can visit me @
    aseriesof3rdgradeevents.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you there!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am one of your newer followers too.

    ReplyDelete