Monday, August 8, 2011

Favorite Read Aloud Books

Throughout the year, I like to read chapter books and picture books to my third graders.

One of the favorites that I like to read is by Denise Brennan-Nelson-My Momma Likes to Say. I love this book because of all the sayings that the students learn. The pictures are also super cute. For each of the sayings, there is a short explanation about the real meaning and some of the history of how the saying came to be. There are two others in the series called My Teacher Always Says and My Grandma Always Says.




Another set of my favorite books to read to my students is the Clementine series. Clementine is such a funny little third grade girl. The graphics are great and the kids love the stories. They can really relate to her.




What are three of your favorite books to read aloud to your students?

1 comment:

  1. I always liked to read The Magic Tree House when I was in primary, my students loved those!

    ReplyDelete